Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

THEN THE LIGHT







THEN THE LIGHT!

Trees and sky in the ravine outside my window -
gray, glum, lifeless - blending together
into one smear of winter monotony.

Behold! A brief glimpse of sunlight!
And the picture is transformed into a bouquet
backdropped by light gray and blue.

Subtle colors hidden within the bleak scape come to life:
off-white, rich brown, green, charcoal and beige -
all reflected in what was barren trees.

A moment before only shades of dreariness,
then the light!
How magnificent is nature, and how it does speak to me!

~ Lynn Ross
©01-23-2012

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm new at navigating through my blog, so I'm late in responding. I appreciate your comment!

      Delete
  2. That was beautiful! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, beautiful, lovely energy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kelly! Sorry to be so late in responding. I'm glad you enjoyed my poem.

      Delete
  4. Lovely, Lynn - spring is definitely in the air!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian, I'll get the hang of blogging one day. Sorry I'm late responding. I'm glad you responded.

      Delete