Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

TO A TREE



Tree outside my former office window that inspired this poem.

Magnificent Tree, you are so majestic and awesome!
I drink in your living beauty -  I draw it to my breast
and embrace it with my soul.
Your leafy branches are arms reaching out to hold me
and calm my troubled heart.
Your glorious green symbolizes unconditional God Love,
and offers healing to my body, mind and spirit.
Your shade envelops and protects me
from fierce rays of negativity.
Your mighty trunk invites me to hug you close
and receive your powerful energy into myself.
Your strong, wandering roots permeate the earth
from which you draw sustenance,
reminding me that I, too, must be grounded
yet reach out in order to grow.
Magnificent Tree, you are so majestic and awesome!

Thank you!  I love and revere you!

Lynn Ross
© May 8, 2006

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Myra, you captured the feeling so well. I love how you see nature, this is how I see nature too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encouragement, Kelly! I'm glad you enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn, I don't know why I never caught this blog before!! You should be writing books. These are absolutely beautiful, as you capture the feelings of the reader with your descriptions. Keep it up, please!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement, joyced! I truly appreciate it and am so happy that you enjoyed my writing.

      Delete